Shop ride on mowers at Tool Kit Depot
Get a cracking deal on ride on mowers for sale at Tool Kit Depot (TKD). With a ride on mower, keeping your lawn pristine got a whole lot easier. Get out there, take care of your lawn, then kickback and catch your favourite sport or relax with the family. Too easy!
Come chat to your friendly experts at TKD for more info.
Ride on mowers FAQ
How to start a ride on mower
Ride on mowers are different to your regular petrol push mowers. Upgrading from a pull start to a key start is a nice upgrade, but there is still a process to follow to get it humming. Starting your ride on mower may include:
- Getting comfy in the seat, ensuring you can easily reach all pedals, switches, buttons, etc. Some ride on mowers have a safety system that does not allow you to start the mower until you are seated.
- You’ll either have a foot pedal brake on the left-hand side or a lever. Whichever you have, engage the brake and hold it in this position.
- Engage your parking brake, which will either be a knob or lever, then slowly release the brake pedal as you pull the brake up or turn the knob.
- Put the gear stick in neutral. If you don’t have a brake knob, you may need to hold down the brake to shift gears.
- Find your throttle (the speed icons, like a fast or slow icon, or even a rabbit or a turtle), and move the throttle to the choke setting. This may either be between the fast and slow setting, or past the fast icon. Some new ride on mowers won’t need the choke step.
- Insert your key into the ignition and turn the key to the right. The engine should now turn on. If it doesn’t, try holding the key for longer.
- Return to the throttle and release the choke, slowly moving the lever towards the faster setting. Your mower will now be ready to drive!
And if you’re not sure, chat to our experts who can walk you through the process in-store.
How much are ride on mowers?
The price of a ride on lawn mower ranges from $3,000 to upwards of $25,000 depending on the make, model and features. While the average home lawn enthusiast would suit a lower priced ride on mower, someone mowing large spaces more regularly, like on a golf course, may need something with more bells and whistles. Tool Kit Depot is the ultimate destination for all your outdoor gear, giving you top-quality ride on mowers with the latest technology for a great price.
What to look for when buying a ride on lawn mower
When looking to buy a ride on lawn mower, you’ll need to consider your budget, the size of your lawn, the engine power, if you need a mulching option and the weight of the lawn mower itself. If you’re mowing a larger space, you will want a ride on mower with higher horsepower to help you speed through the job, while someone who needs to mow sloped lawns will have different needs.
When investing in a ride-on mower, you want reliability and toughness so you can soar through grass for a perfect finish. Victa and Husqvarna ride on mowers are some of the most reputable on the market, and give you a wide range of power and features to suit all budgets. For example, there are Victa ride on mowers suitable for tight and small spaces, with larger grass catchers and reverse mowing operation, while Husqvarna ride on mowers come with features to make your ride as comfortable as possible, from adjustable seating and choke-less starts, to manual blade engagement on the dash.